Resources & Energy (ASX:REZ) - Update on Mining and Exploration Activities
- Exploration supports open-cut mining in WA and Qld
- New frontier at Menzies' Gigante Grande being explored with potential for open cut mine
- Historical open-cut pits currently being mined at Menzies' Granny Venn
- The current indicated and inferred resources (JORC 2012) of 192k oz/au and 862k oz/ag
Resources & Energy Group Limited (ASX:REZ) is an independent, ASX-listed mineral resources explorer and miner with a portfolio of highly prospective gold exploration and development projects in Australia. These projects are located in premier mining jurisdictions in Western Australia and Queensland.
In Western Australia, the Company's flagship is the East Menzies Gold Field project (EMGP), situated 130km north of Kalgoorlie. This Project is an advanced exploration play with numerous walk-up targets and a rich history of gold mining and production.
The EMGP represents a +100km2 package of contiguous mining, exploration, and prospecting licenses, located within the Norseman-Wiluna Greenstone Belt. This is a significant orogenic lode gold province that has hosted most gold production in the Eastern Goldfields of West Australia. The project is currently divided into three operational areas: a combination of exploration and mining/production activities which include,
1. Exploration activities presently focussed around the Gigante Grande prospect in the eastern part of the project area and the Springfield-Venn prospect in the western part.
2. Mine operations and activities associated with near term mine development and resource upgrading which are located within and to the south of the Granny Venn Open Cut pit, located in the Central part of the project area.
Read the full announcement here.
To keep up to date with their news and progress, and for more information about gold mining as a whole, subscribe to the Resources & Energy Group's Chairman's List.